HEIRS – University of Rome Tor Vergata – LUMSA University
CALL FOR PAPERS
HEIRS International Conference 2016
ROME – 15-16 March, 2016
venue: LUMSA University
Life Satisfaction and Social Optimum:
The challenge between subjective and objective wellbeing indicators
*** !!! NEWS: new website http://happiness.lumsa.it/ !!! ***
Subjective wellbeing indicators are widely used in several disciplines to measure overall satisfaction in order to overcome limits and loopholes of traditional objective indicators. Researcher and policymakers have both a keen interest in understanding how subjective and objective indicators compare how they perform and differ and how they can be used to assess the impact of policy-making. The conference welcomes contributions aimed at moving ahead the frontier of studies on integrating subjective and objective indicators, on the methodologies for measuring subjective indicators and on the determinants of subjective wellbeing.
The conference will host the workshop for the preparation of the
World Happiness Report 2017
edited by Jeffrey Sachs, John Helliwell, Richard Layard
organized by the same Report’s editors
The conference welcomes contributions on the following topics:
- Subjective and objective wellbeing indicators: relationships and correspondences.
- Advancement in the use of subjective wellbeing indicators.
- The determinants of subjective wellbeing indicators.
- Satisfaction and objective indicators in specific domains: health, job, leisure and income.
John Helliwell, Richard Layard, Jeffrey Sachs, Andrew Clark, Bruno Frey, Alois Stutzer, Ruut Veenhoven, Leonardo Becchetti, Luigino Bruni, Giovanni Ferri, Enrico Giovannini, Luca Stanca, Pier Luigi Porta, Stefano Zamagni, Alessandra Smerilli, Luca Corazzini.
Tommaso Reggiani, Matteo Rizzolli, Leonardo Becchetti, Luigino Bruni.
HEIRS ; University of Rome Tor Vergata ; LUMSA University ; IREC: International Review of Economics
- Abstracts (max 300 words) must be submitted by January 20th , 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org (.PDF format)
- Acceptance by January 31st, 2016.
- Early registrations by February 20th, 2016: Junior fee: 100 € / Senior fee: 200 €
- Late registrations by March 5th, 2016: Junior fee: 130 € / Senior fee: 260 €